Okay, so I called my doctor this morning. I've been freaking out for the last 24 hours. I had to get some more information other than I have HPV cells. So I talked to a different nurse than I talked to yesterday and she really put me at ease.
She told me that what I have is really common among young, pregnant women, especially women in their early 20s. She said that HPV cells grow very slowly and I should be able to carry the baby full term and deliver without any problems. She assured me that if it were more serious they would have asked to see me immediately.
The nurse told me that they won't do a biopsy because when you're pregnant your cervix has more blood than normal and I could end up bleeding too much which is bad for me and the baby. She did tell me that the doctor is going to have to put a microscope in there to get a good look at the cells, find out how many there are, and how fast they are growing. It's a procedure called a colposcopy. She told me that I may want to take some Extra Strength Tylenol before I go in because it could be painful. I never would have guessed. LOL!
She said that the worst case scenario would be that I will have to have the cells frozen off which can be done while I'm pregnant and still keep me and the baby safe. They said that I will have to get a pap smear every six months rather than every year until I get two normal paps in a row and I may have to undergo some more invasive tests during my pregnancy, but I should be fine.
The nurse told me her daughter had the exact same thing happen to her when she was pregnant and when they did a pap six weeks after she delivered it was normal. So, all is well so far. The colposcopy and the other tests I'll have to endure won't be pleasant, but I feel tons better about the situation now.
2 comments:
yay! i'm glad you feel better.
SEE! Im glad you called!
Post a Comment