Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stupid Nurses

So, once again I worried over nothing. I went to my doctors appointment today anxious and worrying about the colposcopy and I didn't even end up having the procedure done! My doctor told me that I do have HPV cells on my cervix, but the type of HPV I have is really, really low risk. She said it's basically like my cervix has a cold. Since it is so mild my doctor decided against doing any invasive procedures like the colposcopy while I'm pregnant. She said it's not worth the risk.

She said that she is going to give me another pap smear six weeks after I have my baby just to make sure everything is okay. If it's not, then they will look into doing some procedures. She said it should come up normal though. Apparently this type of HPV usually goes away on its own. Stupid nurses. They got me all worried and freaked out over something that turned out to be nothing. I'm really grateful though. It could have been lots worse.

On another happy note, I got to hear my baby's heartbeat again! It's slowed down to about 148 BPM since he or she is getting bigger. I get to find out if I'm having a baby boy, or a baby girl on April 8th. I'll be 19 and 1/2 weeks preggo at that time. I can't wait to find out! I'm still debating on going to Fetal Fotos at 17 weeks because I am so impatient. LOL!

In a nutshell, everything is just fine. Baby and I are doing great and I couldn't be happier. =)

1 comment:

Lindee said...

Yay! I'm glad you feel better.