Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quitting Smoking: Day 1

So...Today is my first day with no cigarettes in years. I'm getting a little cranky already, but I know that it's the right decision. I've been smoking on and off since I was 13 and I've been an avid chain smoker since I was 17. It's definitely time to quit.

Several people have tried to convince me to quit smoking. I used to get defensive when anyone brought it up, but I know that my family and friends just care about me and want me to stick around a bit longer.

Wish me luck everyone! The first few weeks are going to be hard, but I'm going to try not to think about it.


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

2 comments:

Shlee said...

yay! Good for you!

Lindee said...

sweet! i'm sure you can do it, even though it will be hard. just stay strong and remember it's for the better!