Thursday, June 30, 2011

All You Need is Surgery...

Well, my doctor got the results of my scan back, and it has been confirmed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my IUD is embedded in my uterine wall. This being the case, it must be surgically removed. No one would tell me much over the phone, so this is all I know.

I have a surgical consultation next Wednesday at 4:00, which makes me feel a bit better. If it was something really bad, they wouldn't want to wait to see me until next week. They would want me to go into surgery a.s.a.p., right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

I am still so upset and angry over this whole situation. Birth control should not cause this many problems. I have physical pain from this damn thing, I need to have surgery, and I might not be able to have anymore children after going through all of this. That is what I am most afraid of.

I do not understand why doctors say this is the most safe and convenient form of birth control. I have been doing some research, and there are literally hundreds of women that have gone through this very same thing. Some have been through worse. Thanks, Mirena IUD. You are a real gem.

2 comments:

Shlee said...

ouchy ouchy ouchy. I almost got one but backed out at the last minute. Good luck!!!

Sunny said...

Thanks, Ash. I will keep you posted on what happens. I'm still scared, but at least they know where it is and how to remove it.