So... we are 8 days into 2011. I have kept my promise to myself and started a gratitude list. I am going to list one thing I am grateful for every day of the year. Here is what I have so far:
1. I am grateful for my husband, Robbie.
2. I am grateful for my son, Tristan.
3. I am grateful for my daycare business, Rising Sun Fun Care.
4. I am grateful for Robbie's new job at Carlisle Syntec.
5. I am grateful for my beautiful, little house.
6. I am grateful for being able to stay home with Tristan.
7. I am grateful for having two running vehicles.
8. I am grateful that my CPR renewal class was only an hour and a half long.
Some of these might seem silly to most of you, but I'm trying to practice not taking anything for granted, even the simplest of things. If I start running out of things to be grateful for, I'll start adding things that I would like to happen in the future and be grateful for those things in the present. If that makes any sense at all. ;)
Next item on this blogging agenda is my birthday Karaoke celebration. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Karaoke, but this time I am having a hard time picking a song to sing. Robbie and I are going to sing our usual duet "Picture" by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow, but I don't know what to sing for my solo and I want some time to practice before the 15th. I sang "Crucify" by Tori Amos last time, so I want to do something different. Any suggestions?
I hope to see you there! Even if you don't drink, you should definitely go. It's going to be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment