Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weeks 37-Delivery (Month 9): Watermelon


"At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life."

I am officially full term today! Yay! I can have him at any time and he will most likely be healthy and thrive. I feel like I've reached a huge milestone.

I went to the doctor yesterday. She checked me and I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced! I know that could mean a short time to delivery, or a long time, but I'm still really excited. It's nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that I'll be holding Tristan in my arms within three weeks.

I've been feeling a lot of pressure on my cervix the last few days and it's been a lot harder to do simple things like walk and change positions. My doctor confirmed yesterday that my baby has dropped into the birth canal. I think the fact that he is as big as a watermelon is very appropriate because I feel like I am carrying a watermelon between my legs. The pressure is intense, but at least I can breathe now. LOL!

Since Tristan has dropped, my doctor thinks that I'll be going into labor sooner than later now, but there is no way to tell for sure. I'll just continue to play the waiting game. The important thing is that he and I are doing really well. His heart rate is at 130 BPM, he is still moving around all of the time. I don't have Group B Strep, Gestational Diabetes, Preeclampsia, or any other serious pregnancy complications. Everything is going so well.

Hurry, Tristan! We can't wait to see your cute little face. =)

1 comment:

Shlee said...

Im so excited for you!
It is the best feeling in the world and the biggest accomplishment!